The Public and Products Liability policy is provided to all Duck Members.
Your Public Liability cover is for $30,000,000.
The cover is available for performers earning $400,000 or less from their performing income.
- If you hire a venue to stage a performance of your covered activities, you are also insured for your activities as an event organiser for this performance. Please check the Venue Hire page for more detail.
- Workshops and teaching are automatically covered for all insured performing activities except: Aerial Performer, Sword Swallowing, Angle Grinding, Parkour, Cooking Demonstrations, Bed of Nails, Fire Acts, Own Body Piercing, Roller Skating / Skateboarding.
Note: An optional extension is available to include cover for Workshops and Teaching of Aerial Performers, Sword Swallowing, Angle Grinding, Bed of Nails, Fire Acts, and Own Body Piercing.
- The first $500 of any Property Damage claims is payable by you ($0 excess for Bodily Injury claims).
Note: a $1,000 excess all claims relating to cover for previously excluded Workshop activities (Aerial Performers, Bed of Nails, Sword Swallowing, Angle Grinding Acts, Fire Acts, Own Body Piercing) that can now be covered under the Workshop extension.)
- Cover is provided for performing world-wide, excluding USA and Canada, for Australian citizens and permanent residents.
Note: Overseas visitors to Australia can become members of Duck for Cover BUT the policy will only cover them while they are performing in Australia.
- Duck for Cover members that perform together as a group can register the group under the policy at no additional cost.
- Audience participation as part of your performance is allowed.
- The policy covers libel, slander or defamation of character claims arising from your performing activities.
- You are not covered if you molest a child or commit sexual assault.
- For individual members: Your policy will not cover contractors or subcontractors that you engage - make sure any contractors or subcontractors working for you have their own liability cover.
- No cover for pyro as defined by state and federal laws.
- No cover for operating Jumping Castles, Photo Booths or Amusement Rides.
- No cover for operating Petting zoos, horses, circus animals, venomous snakes, spiders or insects.
- No cover for Child Minding activities.
- You will not be covered if you act outside the law. (eg. If you perform without required permits.)
- Your Duck for Cover Public Liability policy will automatically note the interest of employers, councils and venues.
For further detail on the Public Liability policy, please refer to the Policy Wording and Schedule located in The Official Bits.