For a small additional cost, you can protect your performing and teaching income for up to 2 years from the date you are injured while performing, rehearsing and teaching (including while travelling to and from).
- This policy is optional and is exclusive to Duck for Cover Members.
- The policy covers you for an accident sustained while performing, rehearsing or teaching your listed activities (including direct transit to and from).
- The policy covers you for your lost performing and teaching income limited to 85% of usual income and to a maximum $600 per week (you will need to substantiate your lost income in the event of a claim).
- The benefit period is up to 104 weeks (less benefit period is provided to members over 58 years of age – see below table).
- The policy also covers Death & Capital Benefits (permanent injury) of $50,000.
- The first 14 days of lost performing and teaching income following an accident is not insured.
- Cover is world-wide for Australian citizens and permanent residents. Overseas visitors to Australia can become members of Duck for Cover BUT the policy will only cover them while they are performing, rehearsing and teaching in Australia.
- No cover is provided for Pre-existing Conditions
Please note the reduced benefit period for individuals over 58 years.
Benefit Period Up to:
58yrs old – 104 weeks
59yrs - 61 weeks
60-65yrs - 52 weeks
66-75yrs - 26 weeks
For further detail, please refer to the Personal Accident Policy Wording and Schedule located in The Official Bits.