Personal Accident Insurance
For a small additional cost, you can have the benefit of protecting your performing income for up to 2 years if you are injured while you are performing (including while travelling to and from).
- This policy is optional to all Duck for Cover Members covered under the Duck for Cover Public Liability Policy.
- The policy covers you for an accident sustained while performing (including direct transit to and from).
- Performing includes teaching workshops and rehearsals.
- The policy covers your lost performing income limited to 85% of usual income and to a maximum $600 per week (you will need to substantiate your lost income in the event of a claim).
- The benefit period is 104 weeks (less benefit period is provided to members over 58 years of age).
- The policy also covers Death & Capital Benefits (permanent injury) of $50,000.
- The first 14 days of lost performing income following an accident is not insured.
- Cover is world-wide for Australian citizens and permanent residents. Overseas visitors to Australia can become members of Duck for Cover BUT both the Public Liability and Personal Accident (if selected) policy will only cover them while they are performing in Australia and provided they are legally able to work in Australia.
- No cover for Pre-existing Conditions
Please note the reduced benefit period for individuals over 58 years.
Benefit Period Up to:
58yrs old – 104 weeks
59yrs - 61 weeks
60-65yrs - 52 weeks
66-75yrs - 26 weeks
For further detail, please refer to the Personal Accident Policy Wording and Schedule located in The Official Bits.