For an additional cost, you can insure your Performing Equipment against loss or damage.
- This policy is optional and is exclusive to Duck for Cover Members.
- The policy covers your performing equipment while in transit, at a venue or while temporarily in storage (including at home).
- Performing Equipment is limited to items owned by the insured member and are used in the actual performance, rehearsal or teaching of their listed activities.
Note: Personal Electronic devices including Mobile phones, iPads, tablets, Cameras, Laptops will only be insured under this policy if it can be proven by the insured member that this equipment was used exclusively as mobile Performing Equipment.
- Insured Performing Equipment is mobile and is not stored at any single location (including home) for a period of more than 60 consecutive days.
- Your equipment will be insured against Theft evidenced by forcible entry into a securely locked vehicle or home, venue or temporary storage location, collision or overturning a vehicle carrying the items, Fire, explosion, lightning or flood.
- The Performing Equipment policy now automatically extends to cover Theft While Attended (limited $1,500 per member for the insurance period).
In Attendance means the following:
1. You are at a venue, or within five metres from the boundaries of a venue where Your Performing Equipment is located, whilst not performing; or
2. You are at Your home (or accommodation) where Your Performing Equipment is located, whilst not performing; or
3. Your Performance Equipment is within Your line of sight.
Note: This includes cover for Theft from stage, theft while loading and unloading, theft from home.
- The Performing Equipment policy now automatically extends to cover Accidental Damage (limit $2,000 per member for the insurance period).
- The Performing Equipment policy now automatically extends to cover World Wide cover (limited to 60 consecutive days outside Australia).
- The policy covers your Performing Equipment to a limit of the total amount claimable for the period of insurance of $5,000 or $10,000 (you decide the level of cover required).
Note: Schedules of equipment are not required. You will need to show proof of ownership when lodging a claim.
- The limit applying to any one item of equipment is $2,000.
- The excess payable in the event of a claim will be $100 for all claims except Burglary $250, Accidental Damage $250, Theft While attended $250 and World Wide $500.
- The insurance does not cover loss or damage caused by Equipment Hire and Mechanical or Electronic Breakdown.
Note: each sum insured shown is the total amount payable for all claims for that member for the insurance year and coverage cannot be reinstated.
For further detail on the Performing Equipment policy and extension, please refer to the Policy Wording and Schedule located in The Official Bits.