How To Apply
Individual Duck for Cover members can apply and pay online with a MasterCard, VISA card or PayPal or by downloading the application form and sending it back to us via Australia Post with the payment.
Important Note for Agents and Artist's Managers
Or anyone seeking to apply on behalf of another person
agents and managers:
The application for insurance is a legal document and may only be signed by the applicant. The final 'SUBMIT' button in the on-line applications process is seen as a legal signature of the named person in Australian law.
community performing group or theatre group cover
Community Performing Group and Theatre Group applications cannot be done online. Download the application form and return it to us.
If you have never been a member of Duck for Cover before, you will need to create a membership for yourself and then add yourself to the current policy.
You can do this online, just click through from Apply Now (top right of this page).
Just put in your personal details, follow through the application and once you have paid, your application will be reviewed. If all is well, it will be approved and copies of your receipt and certificates of currency will be returned to you by email (if you don’t have an email address, we'll post them to you).
existing or past members of duck for cover
If you have been a member of Duck in the past, you will already have a membership number and password. Please try and use your original membership details, it means that all your records are kept together which is helpful for you and for us.
- Login (login is up the top right corner of this page) using your Duck Member Number and your password. If you don’t have a password, click on Lost Password. This will take you to a page where you can enter your Member Number (user name) or your email address. Enter ONE of these (that is, your email address or your member number) and your login details will be sent to your recorded email address. Or contact the office and we'll help you out.
- Check your Contact Details are correct.
- Select to Add yourself on to the new policy.
- Select the Activities you want to be covered for. Your cover with Duck for Cover does not just roll over like your car or house insurance, you will need to select what you want to be covered each new policy year.
- Select any Additional Covers you wish to take out.
- Once you have finished, your payment will be calculated. You can pay using a MasterCard or VISA.
- Once payment is made, your application will be reviewed and if all is well, approved, and your documents will be sent to you via return email.
Once you join this policy, your material will also be stored in your My Duck area for you to access whenever you need it.
Download Individual Application form
Download Community Performing Group/Theatre Group form
Download GA form (for individual Duck members who want to register their group or groups)
I'm having difficulty logging in
If you are having trouble logging in using your password, perhaps try copying and pasting the password, or make sure your Caps Lock is off.
If it is still a problem, it could be that your browser is saving an older, incorrect version of your password and re-entering it when you fill in the field. If you think that might be it, clearing your cache file could help.
I’ve asked for my password to be emailed and it is not working.
Make sure you enter only one of your Member Number or your email address on the lost password page, not both.
Have you entered your correct email? Or could you have used a different email address?
If you are still having problems, contact the office. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.